The main theme of the current issue of Jadal is the Joint List, which is a political alliance of four Arab-dominated parties in Israel. The formation of the Joint List has been considered as a historic step within the Arab political scene inside the Green Line, as it is the first time that the Arab parliamentary parties ran in the Knesset elections within a single list. Editors Mohanad Mustafa and Areen Hawari state in their editorial that "the Joint List’s formation, its participation in the elections, and its success in receiving thirteen seats in parliament are achievements that may usher in a new and promising phase of Arab political activity inside the Green Line. At the same time, however, such successes may be temporary and ultimately reduce national action, if they are not followed by steps to improve the List’s effectiveness in producing political achievements beyond that of its formation".
- The Future of the Joint List’s Experience - Prof. Asaad Ghanem
- The Joint List: Transformations in Representation and Performance Effectiveness - Saleem Brik
- The Joint List and the Political Discourse - Suleiman Abu Irsheid
- The Joint List: A Gender Oriented Approach - Dr. Tagreed Yihya Younis
- The National Accord Committee and its Role in the Establishment of the Joint List—A Personal Testimony - Prof. Mustafa Kabha
- “The Joint List: A Unified Front or a National Front” - Jamal Zahalka